Thursday, September 26, 2013

Globe Broadband Plan 1299 Review

My Opinion: PLDT vs Globe

 

      My previous Internet connection was PLDT plan 990 384Kbps. We've had it for 5 years, but when we moved to our new home, there's no PLDT line available in the area. So I've got no choice but to apply for Globe DSL. Luckily, I met this Globe guy roaming in the subdivision and I filled up some application and he said that tomorrow the internet would be connected. and it was connected the next day

Now lets go the Pros and Cons:

                                                   PLDT                                            Globe Broadband

                                                More stable                                      Less stable when it's raining

                                                More expensive                                 Faster and Cheaper      

                                                Poor Customer Service                       Better in Gaming

     

   Now based on my experience with PLDT,  it's more stable, even though there's a typhoon, storm or whatever, it's speed is the same and consistent unlike to Globe that is "sometimes" slower when it is raining. PLDT's plans are more expensive (e.g. PLDT Plan 990-384Kbps vs Globe Plan 1099-1Mbps). Globe is better in gaming, lower ping and almost no peak hour compared to PLDT. Now what I hate the most about PLDT, their Customer Service. It's so poor that when one time I went there to report about fixing the telephone cable box hanging outside but they didn't fix it. Second, when I have to disconnect our line, I went to their office for about 3 times. They said that they would disconnect it the next week but it took them almost 3 weeks just to disconnect it.   

    PLDT offers free PLDT to PLDT calls, while Globe offers free call to Globe landlines and cellphones.

 

 Final thoughts:

    Overall, Globe is better than PLDT here in Cavite. The poor customer sevice of PLDT is just annoying.

 


 

                                

                      

 

                         









No comments:

Post a Comment